Job Site Supervisor
The Project Superintendent’s responsibility is to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the Work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, it is the Project Superintendent’s responsibility to protect and promote DEC Contracting Group, Inc. interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his duties and responsibilities which include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following.
- To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
- To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications, and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
- To assist the Project Manager and the Scheduling Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- To plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment, and manpower.
- To coordinate, direct, monitor, and with the Assistant Superintendent(s) and the technical coordinators, (project specific as required) inspect the activities of the Subcontractors, and Suppliers.
- To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirments as a condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract, a Schedule of Values and a Safety Program.
- To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and that a weatherproof bulletin board is installed on which all required safety notices are posted.
- To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies. To chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with the subcontractors and to issue typewritten minutes to the Project Manager as a result thereof.
- To receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- To review and approve, on a weekly basis, all as-built prints.
- To participate, as required, in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions to the Owner and to see that they are promptly reviewed and approved by the Architect’s field representative.
- To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization as further defined in the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off